Sunday, February 13, 2011
Reflection
Our last class was very helpful for me because I was better able to identify how all of the standards are connected. It's easier for me to see the connections when they are drawn out, like in a graphic organizer. So having Dr. Kruse write out our thoughts and draw the connections really helped me fit them all together. Also, after my meeting with Dr. Kruse, I am going to take the same approach (using a graphic organizer) when I have my next assessment meeting. Since I am now more familiar with the format of the meeting, I can be more prepared. I have started reading some of the articles Dr. Kruse has provided and I am also planning to set up a time with my peers to discuss the standards before the next meeting. So if anyone is interested, let me know. I will send out an e-mail closer to the date.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Nicole - I would be very interested in joining a discussion group before our next meetings with Dr. Kruse. I think that will help me sort out what I know and what I need to work on much better than working alone. Count me in!
ReplyDeleteI would love to join in this discussion group also!! Great idea!!
ReplyDeleteI would also like to join the group :) But yes, this last class really helped me a lot too. Before that day the schematic didn't make much sense to me, but seeing him make the connections with terms I understand made it a lot easier. I definitely liked that simplified version better than the one in the syllabus. I'm glad we had this first meeting to see where we are at and how we can grow!
ReplyDelete